Please follow these recommendation for supplements to be taken and guidelines to be followed before and during amalgam removal. It must be stressed that they are based on varying nutritional protocols reported in complimentary medical and dental literature, and are not meant to treat any systemic diseases, nor to prevent any dental complications that may otherwise occur.
WARNING: We urge you to consult with your physician or nutritionist before taking any of these supplements , especially if your health or excretion is compromised. Please be aware that some herbs interfere with allopathic medication, or may be absolutely contraindicated for use in pregnancy, heart disease or antidepressant therapy.
- Zinc gluconate or picolinate: 25-30mg 1/2 hour before bedtime.
- Selenium: 200mcg once daily after breakfast. Do not take at the same time as zinc.
- Calcium/Magnesium: 1000mg/300mg once daily after a meal. Taurate or orotate forms preferred.
- Vitamin C: At least 2000mg twice daily after meals. Combine with bioflavonoids.
- A liver herbal detox remedy supported by a homeopathic liver/gall bladder remedy. A “liver flush” is also advisable.
- A homeopathic lymph support remedy.
- A kidney herbal/homeopathic remedy.
- A colon stimulating supplement including psyllium seeds and other fibers.
- 3 capsules of activated charcoal twice a week in-between meals (take at least 1 hour away from all herbs and medications).
- A chlorella/spirulina greens supplement.
- Probiotics – intestinal recolonization with beneficial bacteria.
- N-Acetylcysteine, 500mg dialy.
Garlic – freeze-dried or high-grade extract.
- Cilantro extract
- Homeopathics individualized for detox
- Also recommended are glutathione, Vitamin E and Omega fatty acids.
It is generally recommended to be on these supplements starting at least 2 weeks before any dental treatment and continuing for one more month after completion of therapy.
Throughout the weeks or months of treatment, it is advisable that:
- A diet rich with protein and vegetables, but low on carbohydrates be followed.
- No fish (including shellfish) be consumed. Sardines or other small fish are OK.
- No chewing gum.
- Bowel movements of 1-2 times daily be encouraged.
- Plenty of liquids be consumed.
- Sweating be encouraged either by exercise and/or saunas.